55VKP XForum - Invalid User

Begonnen von PaulK, 14 Mai 2002, 18:14:00

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

PaulK

Hi There

When using xforum I have 1 user who can not send messages, he can read, reply up until he hits send, and this it retuens Invalid User, but it works fine for everyone else.

Any ideas?  Is there a more recent Patch?

With thanks from England
Paul

tequila

Hi PaulK
In the download-section under /phpnuke/updates you can find an admin-update for the XForum to fix some minor things and add a better admin-handling.

Please try this.

Is the correct name of the user shown in the header of the forum?
If not and you have disabled "anonymous postings" your user will not be recognized as a  valid member of you site (maybe hist cookie-settings?)

Hope something will help,
Bye Alex

PaulK

Thank you, I will try and let you know
Paul

PaulK

Hello

I have applied the admin patch which adds control to the admin menu, but does not fix the problem with my user.

When 'Badger' tried to post a message he gets:
Guest posting is currently disabled for this forum, please register or enter a username

1) He is a registered member
2) Guest posting is allowed

do you think it might be chmod permissions? or a bad DB?

This is also affecting a new user as well!

Please help
Paul
Sunny London, UK

PaulK

:cry

Mor Information:

No new users can access my forum only old users are able to post.

I still wonder if this is a permission issue, Can ANYONE help me please.

Many thanks
Paul
 :cry
[Bearbeitet am: 15/5/2002 von PaulK]

tequila

Hey Paul,
what name is shown in the header of you XForum when a member which cannot post is in? "not logged in" or the correct username?

Have you changed anything in you SQL-Database?

Please NOTE. There is a new Admin-Update available. It will not fix you problem but include some security fixes.

Which PHP-version do you use?[Bearbeitet am: 15/5/2002 von tequila]

It says User not Logged in

No changes have been made to SQL apart from adding ePOP (downloaded from here)

PHP ver 4.1.2 Mysql 3.23.45

Thanks for help
Paul

tequila

Doh ....
It´s not ePOP. That´s "my baby" and it doesn´t mess around with your configuration. And the SQL-file is only for the address book.

Could you please give me the link to your site ... I would like to have a look on it.

Have you allready tried (after making a dump of you database!) to reinstall the XForum? Your problem doesn´t make much sense to me.

Have you changed something on the "Your_Account"-module?

Have you tried the new admin-update? I think it wouldn´t solve your problem, but nothing is impossible with PHP ;)

[Bearbeitet am: 15/5/2002 von tequila]

PaulK

Site URL:
http://goldenpants.net

I have applied the admin update - no effect to the problem but now have admin control in admin menu

I did make a change in Your_Account the other day I made a change to make users go to index.php instead of the your account screen.

link to the thread discussion is:
http://www.pragmamx.org/modules.php?name=eBoard&file=viewthread&tid=1383

I am happy to reinstall if you think all data will be saved with BackupDB module

Thanks for your help
Paul

PaulK

PaulK

Thanks for all your help Alex

Paul

@Paul

I´m glad that I could help you  ;)
And now some explaining for non-english persons

Für alle, die es interessiert:
Die User hatten scheinbar keine Cookies aktiviert. Läuft alles bestens bei ihm auf der Seite  :)

tequila

Doh ... login would be a great idea  :D