PHP Nuke 5.6 released

Begonnen von PaulK, 07 Juni 2002, 12:12:15

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

PaulK

I notice that 5.6 is now available for download, PHPNUKE.org seems to be down a lot probably because of the demand.  It is possible to download it from www.nukezine.com

Will there be a new VKP?  Should I upgrade to 5.6 I assume this will break VKP if I do.

(sorry I don't speak German)
Paul
London, UK

tequila

He, he, he ... Paul. Don´t you think everything seems to work fine on your site. Remember the trouble we had  ;)

Well, we will release NO VKP from Nuke 5.6. If you visit phpnuke.com and have a look on the changelog, you will see that most of these things are allready fixed in the old VKP Nuke 5.5 and there are (I think) no new features.

So, I don´t think that it make much sense to upgrade to Nuke 5.6. All it will bring to you is spending a lot of time in front of your PC to fix all the old AND the new bugs ;)

In the next weeks we will release some reorganized pakages of the VKP (it will be still the VKP 5.5, but more bugfixed and so on). And after this ... in a long, long, time (think we have to talk from months) we will release our own CMS based on Nuke 5.5 with advanced User management and so on.

So, hope this helped you,
Bye Alex ;)