Contact form

Begonnen von le Chaland, 18 November 2023, 15:00:52

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

le Chaland

Good morning.

Is it possible to transmit a pre defined service in the URL?

For example :

/modules.php?name=Feedback&service=Webmaster

If not, is it possible to modify the module and on which file - function to act?

This is so I can try.

Thanks in advance.

Olaf

What would you like to do with it?

g

Olaf

Kein Support über PN, Mail etc.!
Bitte die Fragen im Forum stellen, nur so helfen die Antworten auch den anderen Usern.
Bitte auch die Boardsuche nicht vergessen, oft ist genau dein Problem schon an anderer Stelle gelöst worden!

le Chaland

I am building a website for the bird breeders club of which I am a member, pragmaMx serves as a showcase for me to present our club [Team, breeders, history, events, etc...] Next to it I install the interactive part with an smf forum: Breeders will be able to introduce themselves there and visitors may wish to contact them without wishing to register with the forum. For the moment each breeder can do:

You can contact me here
[here url = https://www.coslcb.club/modules.php?name=Feedback ]

But as there are many of us, I find it more ergonomic and practical if it were possible to avoid visitors having to select the right breeder. Because this would also avoid errors. So the url would be:
[here url= https://www.coslcb.club/modules.php?name=Feedback&service=breedername ]

Maybe I can use the Get method to pass the information via the url. I should be able to put this in place, I have already done it, with security and filtering measures included, on an old module of my design. It's been a long time, but I still have my archives and I would just have to take a look at them... It might also be necessary to have a second script which checks if the breeder is indeed registered in the database and which returns an alert message otherwise. More complicated for me but I can try to make a loop in PHP with an SQL query which queries the database and compares with the information transmitted. Well, easier said than done for me...

Olaf

How many breeders are we talking about? How many breeders would have to be specified?
In the feedback module you can specify the breeders under "Service"?
g

Olaf

Bitte die Fragen im Forum stellen, nur so helfen die Antworten auch den anderen Usern.
Bitte auch die Boardsuche nicht vergessen, oft ist genau dein Problem schon an anderer Stelle gelöst worden!

le Chaland

Hum, about 10 breeders, one webmaster, one president of the club, and maximum 5 partners. Yes i know how adding services and this is partially already done and works fine. The website is still under construction. I just like the idea that it should be a good thing that when the contact form is called from an external page, a forum for exemple, the related and appropried service could be transmited and then pre-selected. This is at my sense more user friendly. Not a vital thing, i agree. As i said, i can try to do the trick and share in case of success. Just i am far to be an expert in coding, even if i already made some little things. ...

Olaf

OK, I'll look at it again.
g

Olaf