Comments, bugs, kudos, and questions

Begonnen von dochogan, 08 Dezember 2004, 15:06:18

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

dochogan

First off, I love the calendar.  I have been unable to find the original Events Calendar, due to the developer dropping it becasuse of security issues, and was vaery happy to finally find KalenderMX.

Which leads to my first question: I assume by the credits that Kalender is a fork of the original Event Calendar.  Have the security flaws been worked out of it, as of 1.4.3a?

I have one major issue so far.  Categories Administration doesn't work.  It loads fine in admin, and I can edit everything, but when I save I just get a blank page.  Checking the config file, the edits are not saved; I ended up editing the categories list by hand (I should mention that I'm *really* not very good with vi).  After hand edit, the new categories showed up in the module, but I still can't edit with the control panel.  ./config/ and ./categories are both chmod 664, I'm running PHP-Nuke 7.6 w/chatserve2.7 update.

Now for feature requests for the next version:
  • pop-up date picker!  I have to say I *HATE* using a half-dozen dropdowns to select dates.
  • advanced recurring events
  • option to use Forum News Advance for news submissions, topics, and authorized moderators/announcers
  • better support for theme styles
  • *definitely* keep the 'use right side blocks' feature...it's awesome
  • ability to 'quick blast' remove all existing events (to get rid of sample data...keep the sample data, it helps to figure the system out.  Just give a quick way to get rid of it)

I'm sure that I had more to post in all categories (requests, comments, bugs, questions, and kudos) but I'm too busy adding events to my new calendar!

Thanks for staying on with this project!